Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cross-temporal Blogging

It's today, but its tomorrow, and it's... three weeks ago?

DSC04818

I am writing this on Tuesday, to post on Wednesday, about a drive I took three week's ago to pop over to Guerneville and visit the family.

DSC04819

Guerneville is not actually that far from the bay where I spend my days, 80 miles or about an hour and a half's drive. Trying this at 5pm on a weekday, and then turning around and coming home the same night, is a bit of a madman's journey though.

DSC04820

There were some extra family member's in the area visiting though and I was told that there would be a basket of Easter goodies with my name on them. Free dinner, Aunts and cousins, and Reese's Peanut Butter eggs? It's on!

DSC04821
DSC04822

Even though I was totally exhausted by the time I got home that night (well before my 12:00am bedtime, but driving 80 miles in the dark takes a bit out of you), I was really glad I went. It was nice to get a home cooked meal cooked by someone other than me, and to catch up with my family.

DSC04823

I don't get down to L.A. often so it's easy for things to pass me by. I got to hear all about plans for prom, college, and my cousin Andy let me play with his iphone. There was even an attempt by the kids to make brownies. They turned out a bit more like chocolate lava cake, but that's not a bad alternative.

DSC04825
DSC04827

Smiling faces, I declare this journey a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment