Monday, April 5, 2010

Wondercon 2010 Pregame: Thai Fighter

Wondercon brings people together. Its true. You never know who you are going to find yourself bonding with over the new movie or tv show preview, a shared disapproval of a particular story element or artist re-imagining of your favorite character, or the search for that hard to find volume in the 50% off trade stacks.

SM - DSC04770

SM - DSC04771

Friday night I found myself brought together with a family friend from Los Angeles, his girlfriend and another local friend from Oakland, and their friends from SF. Old and new, all enjoying a bit of shop talk, a bit of geeking out, some great Thai food, and a few really good vegan cinnamon cupcakes - complete with dino-decorations. Thanks Wondercon!

SM - DSC04772

SM - DSC04773

I really need to get the recipe for those cupcakes, especially the frosting. It never hurts to have a good vegan baked good recipe in your back pocket.

SM - DSC04774

Also, I failed to take photos of any of the restaurant's food because 1) I forgot I had my camera until after dinner, and 2) if I had remembered, the battery burnt out on me after only 5 shots anyways. The restaurant was a great recommendation from the Los Angeles team's hotel front desk man. If you are in the area, Bang San Thai on O'Farrell is a solid eatery that has a large vegetarian/vegan section in addition to the regular meat based Thai classics. The Pad Kee Mao was delicious, and the pumpkin curry got rave reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment