Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Post that is Not About Pie

I know I said I would tell you more about pie and bread today but it is 11 o'clock and I haven't eaten dinner yet so you will be getting another short and sweet post about my AWESOME home improvements in the kitchen. As the title suggests, this is a post that is not about pie. And that's okay.

Sm Flwr DSC04703

This is a pic of my BEAUTIFUL new Fiestaware pitcher in Tangerine. It's filled with two bunches of daffodils that I picked up this weekend. They were on sale, two bunches for $3. What a steal.

Sm Pntr B DSC04577 Sm Strg A DSC04720
(After image on the right).

This is my new storage closet. Formerly a dank, depressing, sorry excuse for a pantry, it is now a perfectly fine home for gardening supplies, cleaning supplies, lightbulbs, and reusable bags. Woot.

Sm Pntr A DSC04719

But THIS. Oh my, THIS is my masterpiece of the evening. Say hello to my new pantry. Thank you Ikea. After purchasing a lovely birch-wood open shelving unit on Sunday, I took a trip to Home Depot only to find that my 1930's lath and plaster wall (that happened to be sans stud in the area I wanted to hang my unit from) wouldn't support the shelving unit with out a lot of work. And even then I could only look forward to about a year before ripping out fist sized chunks of plaster. Not really gonna work for me.

Sm Strg B DSC04529 Sm Pntr A DSC04719
(After image on the right).

It may not fit EXACTLY in the space allotted like the previous unit, and (environment forgive me) it may be medium density fiber board, but it sits upright, is bolted to the wall but without threatening to tear it down, and holds my super tall pasta jar on its sleek adjustable shelves. Oh yeah.

I may decide it needs a nice door, or a fabric curtain, but I am going to say that it is a 10 MILLION times over improvement from what I had before which was dark and inaccessible. I love it. I want to marry it. I think I can look forward to many happy culinary adventures with my new kitchen. This must be love.

CURE CHECKLIST (We are currently in the middle of week 4)

Week One: Check!

Week Two: Check!

Week Three: Catch Up on the First Two Weeks Check!
Deep Clean EVERYTHING In Progress...
Work on your Special Project Check!
Add Something Beautiful Check! (my new Fiestaware Pitcher arrived today!)

Week Four (Ends Friday!): Catch Up on the First Three Weeks Workin' on it...
Restock Ingredients Check!
Consider New Equipment Check!
Add Fresh Flowers Check!
Work on your Special Project CHECK!
Take After Photos In Progress...

Looks like I just have a bit of deep cleaning left to do... sounds like I've got a few fun evenings ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment