Monday, March 22, 2010

Cure Update!

So as I mentioned back in the beginning of March my kitchen is undergoing a cure. Even though I haven't talked about it much, I have been making progress. Its a process though, and for every two steps forward it's one step back, like the hiccup I came upon on this weekend when searching out a new storage solution at Ikea/Home Depot on Sunday. After two extra hours searching the stores for knowledgeable help, and two fallen bread loaves because I didn't get home in time to bake them before the yeast died, I still have to make another trip to both stores tomorrow for some returns/exchanges.

Sm Spc B DSC04458 Sm Spc A DSC04571

I have also been distracted by more delightful things like bread and pie, about which you will hear more tomorrow. For now, just enjoy this quick glimpse of my lovely and reorganized spice cabinet and glasses cupboard.

Sm Gls B DSC04459 Sm Gls A DSC04575

CURE CHECKLIST (We are currently in the middle of week 4)

Week One: Take Before Photos Check!
De-clutter and Purge Old Food Check!
Wipe Everything Down and Put It Back Check!

Week Two: Take Before Photos Check!
De-clutter and Purge Tools and Cookware Check!
Wipe Everything Down and Put It Back Check!
Decide on a Special Project Check! I'm adding more pantry space to an underutilized alcove in my kitchen!

(okay, so I didn't really have any extra things to begin with because I have a micro-kitchen and have no room for extra stuff, but I DID clean out my tupperware drawer. This was an easy week)

Week Three: Catch Up on the First Two Weeks Check!
Deep Clean EVERYTHING In Progress...
Work on your Special Project In Progress...
Add Something Beautiful Check! (my new Fiestaware Pitcher arrived today!)

Week Four (Ends Friday!): Catch Up on the First Three Weeks Workin' on it...
Restock Ingredients Check!
Consider New Equipment Check. I decided I didn't really need any new equipment, but I had to work hard to talk myself out of a new Kitchenaid.
Add Fresh Flowers Check!
Work on your Special Project In Progress...
Take After Photos In Progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment