Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wondercon 2010: The Reckoning

Okay, last of my Wondercon pics. I know... three posts in a row of photos, none of which involve food. Well, I do do other things. Some of them apparently quite nerdy. Anyways, enjoy the finale. I hope it fills you with wonder.

SMDSC04801
SMDSC04802
There is a video of this, but I think I will be kind to my heroines for the day.

SMDSC04806
SMDSC04807

SMDSC04808SMDSC04809

SMDSC04812
SMDSC04814

If the highlight of the morning was a James Marters sighting, the highlight of the second half was definitely the only event I wanted to see that I actually got into. At 6:30, BBC America was hosting an early viewing of the new season of Dr. Who. Good stuff. Heeding the warning of my more experienced con-going friends, I lined up for this event TWO HOURS early. A good thing too because Wondercon apparently needs to go back to school on the whole crowd control issue. It was a cluster of idiocy with several hundred guests not quite sure what they were doing, where they were going, or why they were lined up around the entire lower level of the Moscone Center, and the staff direction was worse if you would believe it.

I ended up getting in to the panel before Dr. Who so I sat it out and listened to a preview of a new Green Lantern story arc. I don't really follow Green Lantern, but it sounded interesting and I got to hear some adorable little kids asking the writers and illustrators about their heroes which was pretty sweet.

Finally it was time. I was a little worried about the new Doctor. David Tennant is a hard act to follow. Matt Smith performed admirably and I can't wait to see the whole new season when it hits next weekend. Woot!

SMDSC04815
SMDSC04817

No comments:

Post a Comment